Sunday 31 March 2013

DOS VECES RESPONSIVE// Poster Part 1

I used the sketches quite literally and started designing the posters using them. I have started here with the background which is quite simple at the moment but expresses the right colour and shape of what I want to come up with finally.
Here I have added a hand making what I believe to be a hand signal which could either represent the number two (like you would order two items in a crowded bar) or a peace sign. I need this ambiguity in the design to express two different meanings because double meaning and history repeating itself are the central themes of the film. I have also got a desire to express this duality theme in the title text. Dos Veces means 'Two Times' I plan to take this literally and write it out two times as well.

Adding the title twice also frames the hand quite nicely and adds some energy and to the page, the viewer will read the title twice and have to scan all over the poster. I also believe that by reading the title twice the viewer is more likely to remember the name. In the last poster I cut the title in half, mostly so the poster was less uniform and symmetrical, which I do not this suited the overall dynamics of how it was put together. I have also used this font called headlines, which I would normally avoid at all costs, however I think it has a place here in a Cuban setting. Its thick and messy style is something that you often see in Cuban poster art however it is just refined enough to be read clearly and not make the poster seem all to childish or fun, which the client absolutely does not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment