Saturday 30 March 2013

WHAT IS GOOD?// Making the Research Book Indesign

The research book is a short explanation of all the knowledge and information I have gathered up for this UKSA brief.The booklet will be around 22 pages long and every DPS will follow the same format of the left page having a huge full page image and the right containing information about the given topic. The page numbers count town to 0 for the first section of the book where I am explaining different topics of technical research then count up from 0 when I move on to my future plan for the rest of this module.

The front cover of the book is very simple, but without further branding for the UKSA yet to would be pointless to go to over the top. The design here is similar to one I have on the front of my Responsive module handbook, so it could be said that it is a personal product style that I am developing.

The grid is very simple and does not contain any horizontal marks, I want the book to have a very simple layout and using this grid will make sure it happens. An image will fill the whole left side while text will be split into two columns on the right, with the furthest column dedicated to the title of the page and the page number.


I will upload the Issuu PDF soon so you can read through the who booklet here, it covers a very broad topic and focuses on a very few and specific aspects of that topic so the research booklet in my opinion could be a lot better, however this would take years and years to achieve given that I am writing about space exploration.
 Stylistically I am happy with the way the book has turned out. It will be a while before I print it at this rate but I should wait till then to write an evaluation. Saying that I like the size of the pictures, they inspire as much and the text content, the layout is simple but effective at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment