Thursday 17 January 2013

TAO RESPONSIVE// Feedback and Changes

This is the feedback I received from TAO Leadership. They wanted me to take all of the text out of the logo and just focus solely on the path shape. I did appreciate the feedback, perhaps not the slightly patronising comments or the very confusing "If you could add some colour, vibrancy and inspiration into the mix". Its good to get experience with this sort of language because now I believe I can translate that to; 'Add colour'.
I quickly disregarded his wish for no text and made this which I believe has some 'vibrancy and inspiration'. However I realised that this is exactly wrong and should start with just the shape from scratch.
I have been testing the shape at all different angles and have also experimented with moving the dots about to see if they could balance the shape in a different way. In the end I decided that the best way to balance the logo was so add a circle which could frame the squiggle and dots, but also give the logo more depth. I tested this circle with a series of widths it see which would frame the whole thing the best and settles for a line width which is exactly the same as the diameter of the two dots flanking the squiggle.

These are the two boards I have submitted to the guys at TAO leadership, firstly with the logo on its own and then a negative of that with a suggestion for the text version. This version Is exactly what they asked me not to submit but I needed to contextualise the logo design somehow so made this very minimalist offering. I also added a range of other colours the logo could work in to the bottom of both boards. I did this so the clients could perhaps pick out a colour that they may like and to also simply show them that the logo can work in a whole range of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment