Tuesday 11 December 2012

LEGO RESPONSIVE// Illustrating the Bricks

I put together a quick mock up of my Bus ad which looked terrible with the photos I had taken, however It has given me and idea to produce a new type of poster and go in a bit of a different direction. By Illustrating the bricks I can eliminate any flaws in the images and create a standard Lego brick illustration. I can then use the illustration to make my own Lego instruction book. This should bring back memories of opening the instructions books and following all the high detail illustration and guidelines within them. I could make the posters an 'instruction book to being happy' where the creativity and simple brilliance of the Lego brand creates the little Lego smiling faces as the end product.
 
 To explain this idea I have put together this simple equation for happiness. The idea is that Lego plus more Lego equals a happy group of people. I would leave the faces as they are and try not to over stylise them because I think that misses the point of the Danish brand of modernism. This way the faces could represent any combination of people; it's unisex and doesn't bring up age. No group is singled out, this way the concept says: anyone can have fun with Lego. There is also a built in element of maths in this concept, where 1+2=3, hopefully this could gently persuade the parent that children can actually learn from playing with Lego.

 These are the illustrated versions of the photos, I have been able to sort out perspective and colour in addition to the much nicer, cleaner design aesthetic that the illustrations provide. Over on my design context blog I will post up some imagery that they illustrations are trying to illustrate, mostly Lego instruction manuals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment