Thursday 14 February 2013

OLLIE FP RESPONSIVE// Posters Part 1

I presented Ollie will a fair few different layouts for this poster design. In this image you can see the various stages of the poster progressing. Although I have always used the same Ollie For President signature logo on top of the same image that he provided. I also wanted to use blue as a few of his competitors had already taken red, this way I could separate Ollie from the crowd and let the poster stand out on the walls of QM.


These are a few of the posters I sent Ollie the first time. The blue was too dark so in future versions I lightened it. This is something I did not really want to do, as there was a danger of straying too close to the new 'Tory Blue' which isn't so popular with students. He also preferred  the versions were his greyscale images was placed over the top of the blue and then the text on top of that. This brief and module as a whole has really taught me that your clients personal taste will rarely match up with your own and its sometimes a struggle to sell yourself out to someone else's idea of what looks good, at the same time its given me new ideas and insight into how non-designers think about design and how to communicate ideas to these people also.

This is the design that Ollie picked out as his favourite after I made the changes described above. He has also ask for me to change a few things here which I will show in a later blog post. Here I have placed the greyscale image over a brighter blue background and added the logo signature over the top of this in white. I think I will have to darken the image so the text is more clear from a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment