Monday 11 February 2013

OLLIE FP RESPONSIVE// Brief and Photo

"I’m running for President at Queen Mary and need someone to knock me up some flyers or posters. If you have a little bit of free time over the next week or two I’d really appreciate the help. Basically I’m not too picky as long as it looks cool, keeping it not too text heavy and colourful would be cool." -Oliver Brown.

It would be good to work with someone outside graphics on a project to see what sort of things people like in the real world. In terms of constructing the posters, I will only have to design the format and text, Ollie is sending me the picture he wants to use. The posters need to be simple but also convey a fairly substantial amount of information. Most importantly Ollie needs to be really visible, both with his name and picture. The target audience is students who are interested in the votes, so they want quick and clear points to see and a name to but them too.

So this is the photo that Ollie has sent me to use. In fact this is the best from the second set of photos Ollie has sent me because the first lot were shot even worse. The problem I have found with these photos is down to the poor photography, and camera used. I could touch up bad photography in photoshop but because the photo was also taken on a point and click or possibly a phone I don't really have much to work with at all. At the end of the day I have a limited time to get this done and Ollie is hundreds of miles away so this is going to have to do.
I altered the angle of the photo so that the gaze was more upward and forward, a reflection on better ideas and more positivity. I have also switched the colours to greyscale because the tonal differences look more impressive and it just look more serious overall. This also means I don't have to design around the colouration of the photograph and can pick a colour which is suitable for his politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment