Sunday 7 October 2012

PACKAGING// Net Design

 The new task is to take the nets and one logo, and apply said logo to every net. I'm using the 'Hello to Yellow' slogan for the Yellow Card. I took this logo from the Scream Pub site and live traced it into illustrator so I could apply it to the nets. I'm not a huge fan of the design, however out of the collection I had to choose from it was my favorite. I thinks its fairly simple design and I'm not a huge fan of script fonts.

 These are the nets I will work with, they represent a good mixture of different product and packaging design and should give me some interesting, and different shapes to work with.

 This should fold into a Chinese takeaway style box. The "Hello To' text will appear on the front face and 'Yellow' will wrap around the other three. I have gone for black and yellow design in the style of the solid black and yellow card itself.


 This is a mobile phone case. The front side is mostly black with the full logo shrunk down to the top left corner. The reverse of the box is covered in the Yellow text.

 This is a simple box net. The 'Hello To' text will print on the top and bottom of the box and the 'Yellow' text repeats as a wrap around on all other sides.

This is a small elongated box shape. The Main logo will print on the lid of the box with a small 'Yellow' printed on the three sides closest to the front. This should give maximum exposure of the logo if it appeared in the shelf.


 This is one of the more elaborate net, designed to carry/ display pairs of socks. The large yellow text should print up the back of the net with the small full logo printing on the front side.

This is the print layout sheet. I will print this on A2 paper, each net will be around the size of an A4 sheet with an exception of the simple box net which will be much smaller. I'm not printing the nets with any guide lines as some people are because I don't want them to show up on construction, however this will make the construction of the nets harder so it has been a part trade off.  Hopefully taking care during construction will result in good quality nets without printed guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment