Thursday 4 October 2012

A HISTORY OF PART 2// Posters, Flyers, Tickets// PRINT

I'm fairly happy with the the print results of the three items, especially the poster. Like all designs after print the designs did take on different colours and therefore appearance to some extent.

The print came out with much darker colours than when designing. This could have been a side effect of mixed up colour profiles when converting from CS5 to CS6 in college, an unwanted side effect. For example the yellow gradient of the ticket here is solid print yellow in theory but printed with a very mottled effect.  Still the gradient printed fairly well here with an equal amount of orange and yellow.

...unlike the flyers. The print quality here was severely reduced, I suppose because the colours were not as suitable to print. Here, a large amount of the flyer is coloured green and the blues are not well represented. An issue I did have with the flyers is that I feel they are far too large, I would have liked to have had them printed at around half the size. This problem arouse when I got the the print room with an A2 layout for print. At the last minute I chose to switch to A1 because I felt that the poster and tickets would be too small and as a result of time restraints could not resize the design.


The poster was the best result, its large size allowed for a smooth gradient transition. The colours came out deeper than in the digital design but with a solid tone non the less. The fine lines  of the illustrations came out well too.




No comments:

Post a Comment