Tuesday 13 March 2012

WHAT IS A LINE?// EL CAPITAN BRIEF

Title: What is a Line?

The Brief: I wrote this brief myself, it is based on design principles workshops where I have picked from three categories to develop a subject. My subject is based on climbing rope, double page spreads and California. As a result I will produce a small magazine about climbing El Capitan in California's Yosemite national park.

Considerations: El capitan is one of the most challenging climbs in the world. Solo it can take around 9 days to complete and can be incredibly dangerous.

Practical considerations: I will probably have to develop this in indesign. Knowing my usual process I will probably design the basic layout in illustrator of Photoshop without the text and then add all of that in indesign later. This project will probably be the first where I use all three programs continuously.

Mandatory Requirements: One short magazine (at least 3 dps) full of information about climbing El Capitan. I will also need to do a massive amount of research because the magazine may be instructional, in which case peoples lives would be as risk if this were a live brief.

Deliverable: 1 x Zine with at least 3 DPS.

Studio Deadline: 23rd April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment