Monday 19 March 2012

STAMP IT// Map Stamps Rainforest

 The second stamp in this series will be about the Amazon rainforest, more specifically about its rapid depletion. This is fairly well trodden ground but it is surprisingly hard to find a map visualising the data we hear about all the time.
 Now I have a template to work to it is very easy to design the other stamps. For the map of amazon depletion I found an existing map hidden deep within the bowls of a french scientific mapping journal. I then used the pen tool to develop my own map in two tone. Showing the difference between 1970 rainforest and 2012 rainforest. I updated the colours from one of my previous colour swatches and updated the mini-key in the top left. I also created a stamp outline to give myself a quick idea of how the stamps could look....


No comments:

Post a Comment