Friday 4 May 2012

YOUR CHOICE// Ronin 1990's

Ronin is more of a heist film than a car film but it does feature two very famous car chase scenes in a decade which really lacked any good driving films as far as I can tell.

 Tracing the car and colouring completed I realise that the M5 is the only European muscle car to appear in the line up, this car was remarkably ahead of its time. I also like how BMW's show off their iconic double grill so, which is easily recognisable here. My only concern is that the way the tire is positioned could be interpreted as a mistake on my part.

 Here I have added some colour to the drawing in the indicators, also a fairly iconic design on the older M5. I also started experimenting with text. I want to reference the Japanese 47 Ronin story by cutting up the text, also harking to a 90's grunge style. I also reflected the image of the car, to balance with the other posters so far.

 I continues with is sentiment while adding some more dolour for balance and to create a more interesting design. The font here is called Airbus Special as is taken from the Airbus logo.

 Here I broke away from the theme so far and looked at how else the type could fit around the image.

 Here I returned to the cut up text and added horizontal lines to add some content and dept.

 I positioned the lines in an uneven way to add a more 90's grunge take on the work. They also act as off kilter ruled lines for the text to sit on.






I doubled the number of lines to really add a block of colour under the text.




No comments:

Post a Comment