Monday 7 May 2012

YOUR CHOICE// FINAL DESIGNS

 Here are the final designs for the Quotes from each car film. Each one covers a single film which stands out in the decade it was made, from the 60's to the present.
Each poster had to follow strict 2:1 dimensions and I could only use two colours which included black. To create some linear designs I also developed each one in the same way; by tracing the best images of the cars the films feature with the pen tool followed by colouring the windows, wheels and grills black. I then added the text and additional imagery which should mimic the style of the films original posters in some way or another.
My next step is to screen print these images. I want to screen print because the colour reproduction will be strongest that way, especially with the black.
I am happy with the results here, especially with the Ronin and Death Proof posters. I suppose this is because I have been more experimental with the type here and the results paid off.

60's BULLITT

70's SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT

80's THE BLUES BROTHERS

90's RONIN

00's DEATH PROOF

10's DRIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment